/ Official Gazette published a pro-consumer law27 December, 2021
On December 24, Law 21,398, called the pro-consumer law, was published in the Official Gazette, which establishes measures to encourage the protection of consumer rights, modifying Law 19,496 on Consumer Protection.
The most relevant amendments to Law 21,398 are related to:
- Express consecration of the pro-consumer principle .
- New basic consumer rights.
- Legal guarantee.
- Right of withdrawal in electronic commerce.
- Financial products.
- Supervisory power of Sernac in matters of personal data protection.
- Higher education, professional institutes and technical education.
- Motor vehicle suppliers.
- Aeronautical code.
If you need advice on consumer issues, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org