Andrea provides external advice in Alessandri as a patent consultant, mainly in the area of chemistry. She has served in this position for four years, contributing strongly in the search of the state of the art and in the drafting of patent applications for new technologies for different companies and/or universities such as Nanotec Chile and Universidad de Chile. To date, she is also member to the register of experts of the Industrial Property Court.
She currently works as a consultant in industrial property, with more than fifteen years of experience performing mainly:
- Searches in INAPI by technical subject matter
- Search of prior art abroad EPO/USPTO/OMPI, among others
- Patentability analysis
- Preparation of observations to national and foreign expert reports
- Preparation of briefs to file oppositions to patent applications
- Preparation of nullity pleadings to patent applications
- Answer to patent nullity lawsuits
- Drafting of Patent and Utility Model Applications
- Freedom to operate reports (FTO)
/ Laboral experience
2011 – 2015
Chemical Patent Agent, Johansson & Langlois law firm.
2009 – 2011
Head of Chemical Area, National Institute of Industrial Property.
2005 – 2008
Internal examiner of the Department of Industrial Property.
/ Specialization courses
2005 – 2011
Training courses and seminars on patents at the EPO and WIPO.